Here are 100 good ones to start you off…1. If you are struck by lightning, your skin will be
heated to 28,000 degrees Centigrade, hotter than
the surface of the Sun.
2. If you trace your family tree back 25
generations, you will have 33,554,432 direct
ancestors – assuming no incest was involved.
3. The average distance between the stars in the
sky is 20 million miles.
4. It would take a modern spaceship 70,000 years
to get to the nearest star to earth.
5. An asteroid wiped out every single dinosaur in
the world, but not a single species of toad or
salamander was affected. No one knows why, nor
why the crocodiles and tortoises survived.
6. If you dug a well to the centre of the Earth, and
dropped a brick in it, it would take 45 minutes to
get to the bottom – 4,000 miles down.
7. Your body sheds 10 billion flakes of skin every
8. The Earth weighs 6,500 million million million
9. Honey is the only food consumed by humans
that doesn’t go off.
10. The Hawaiian alphabet has only 12 letters.
11. A donkey can sink into quicksand but a mule
12. Every time you sneeze your heart stops a
13. There are 22 miles more canals in Birmingham
UK than in Venice.
14. Potato crisps were invented by a Mr Crumm.
15. Facetious and abstemious contain all the
vowels in their correct order.